Toronto Fashion Week is here!
5-7 February 2019
Toronto Fashion Week Spring/Sumer 2019 (Photos by Eva Fydrych / Fashion Studio Magazine)
Toronto Fashion Week® x RE\SET™ announces new programming and full Fall/ Winter 2019 Schedule
TORONTO, ON — The countdown begins to Toronto Fashion Week® x RE\SET™, as the full event and programming schedule for the Fall/Winter 2019 season is released today. Returning bigger and better than ever for its forth consecutive season, Toronto Fashion Week® x RE\SET™ will transform the Yorkville neighbourhood into a hub of fashion, food, art and culture from Feb. 5-7.
New additions to the already impressive list of designers, include Kiki de Montparnasse, Pedram Karimi, ROCK ‘N KARMA, Thomas Bálint, and WRKDEPT. Internationally-acclaimed designer, David Dixon also joins the schedule and has partnered with Osteoporosis Canada to develop Bübl x DAVID DIXON. The innovative collection incorporates bubble wrap – a universal symbol for protection – into ground-breaking runway pieces inspired by the two million Canadians affected by osteoporosis. As part of the event’s growth, designers will showcase their upcoming collections in venues across the neighbourhood, including the Royal Ontario Museum, the Gardiner Museum and Yorkville Village.
With over 30 events taking place, this season offers a more dynamic experience featuring even more shows and presentations from talented Canadian designers and industry notables, alongside programs and collaborations with Yorkville institutions, including local restaurants, bars and top retail destinations.
Photo courtesy of Toronto Fashion Week®
The live taping of the Fashion Talks™ podcast returns this season and will see host Donna Bishop once again chat with some of the most recognizable faces in the industry who will share their insights, observations and stories on how fashion continues to shape the world. This season’s topics and guests include:
- Cannabis - The Next Mega-category with trend forecasting expert Carly Stojsic: A macro look at what the advent of this new lifestyle category will mean to the fashion industry (Feb. 5 at The Hazelton Hotel)
- In Conversation with Fashion Designer David Dixon: an intimate discussion about his latest runway show and its unique source of inspiration (Feb. 6 at the Toronto Fashion Week® x RE\SET™ Fashion Environment)
- Won’t You Be My Neighbour?: The power and influence of fashion on the economic, cultural and social landscapes in neighbourhoods around the world (Feb. 7 at The Hazelton Hotel)
Hilary MacMillan Spring/Summer 2019 (Photo by George Pimentel Photography)
TORONTO FASHION WEEK® x RE\SET™ SHOWROOM
Open to the public from 11 AM – 10 PM for the duration of Toronto Fashion Week® x RE\SET™, the Showroom (located in the Fashion Environment, 136 Yorkville Ave.) is an engaging marketplace where consumers can shop directly from a variety of Canadian designers, including:
- Beth Richards
- Christopher Bates
- Emily Kowalik
- Hilary MacMillan
- Jessica Bedard
- Lesley Hampton
- Pedram Karimi
- ROCK N’ KARMA
- ZOFF + Alan Anderson
- Zoran Dobric
Photo by Renata Kaveh; Style Direction by Dwayne Kennedy; Beauty: Brittany Sinclair
After the program’s successful launch last September, the food and fashion initiative returns this season, partnering with Winterlicious, American Express and other restaurants in Yorkville to provide new experiences to guests.
- Style Plate: Food – The New Fashion; in partnership with Winterlicious, Toronto Fashion Week® x RE\SET™ invite guests to explore the synergies between food and fashion, style and creativity. On Feb. 6 at The Hazelton Hotel, a panel featuring acclaimed Chef Mark McEwen and hosted by Toronto Life magazine publisher Ken Hunt, will discuss the intersection of the two industries. Tickets can be purchased here and include cocktails and hors d’oeuvres by ONE Restaurant.
- A Dining Experience with Sofia x Christopher Bates; in partnership with American Express, 12 lucky American Express members will dine fashionably at Sofia Yorkville with notable designer Christopher Bates.
- A Dining Experience with ONE x Mani Jassal; in partnership with Tourism Toronto, guests will be lunching in style at ONE restaurant with talented designer Mani Jassal, who will be sharing inspirations from her creative journey.
- A Featured Cocktail by STK; start your fashionable nights with the Cucumber Stiletto, made with Belvedere, St-Germain elderflower liqueur, muddled cucumber & mint, all carefully curated by STK’s mixology team
Photo courtesy of Toronto Fashion Week®
Toronto Fashion Week® x RE\SET™ invites event guests and the public to experience Style Night; the opening night celebration that will bring together notable retailers, designers, experts and consumers within Yorkville Village, to celebrate the very best of Canadian fashion and Yorkville. Taking place at Yorkville Village (55 Avenue Rd.) on opening day, Style Night is an engaging evening that takes fashion beyond the runway and into everyday life. Activations include:
- 11 AM: MICHI x Equinox
- Kicking off Toronto Fashion Week® x RE\SET™, luxury lifestyle brand MICHI will showcase their Pre-Fall ’19 collection in a dynamic presentation
- Creative Director, Michelle Watson will be discussing the collection’s inspiration, innovative style features and more
- 6:30 PM: Radford
- Victoria Radford will host a skincare tutorial for guests to get a sneak peek into the beauty trends for FW19
- 7:30 PM: Andrews x Greta Constantine
- Andrews will showcase the Spring 2019 collection from Greta Constantine, modeled by Equinox trainers and members
- Post-presentation, guests can enjoy an evening of shopping, bites and bubbles
- A proceed of sales from the evening will go to Mount Sinai to support Breast Cancer Research
- 6-8 PM & 9 PM: ELAMA x The House of Brand
- An exciting mix of fashion and entertainment, RuPaul’s Drag Queens’ Gia Gunn and Kimora Blac are the guests of honour at a meet-and-greet from 6 – 8 PM at the ELAMA x The House of Brand pop-up shop
- Following the meet-and-greet, catch the Drag Queens' performance at the Toronto Fashion Week® x RE\SET™ Fashion Environment at 9 PM, MC'd by London Brown from HBO's hit show Ballers
- Judith & Charles X Dean Davidson Spring ’19 Trunk Show
- In continued support of Canadian designers, Judith & Charles will be showcasing local designer Dean Davidson
- Discover a curated assortment of current pieces and preview the upcoming Spring ’19 collection
- 15 per cent off Laser Bar Tab savings packages for purchase, as well as some in-store surprises for guests
- Hosting a cocktail reception from 5 – 9 PM with an exclusive VIP discount of 15 per cent on the new collection for Style Night attendees
- Farre by Emmanuel
- Hosting a cocktail reception from 5 - 9 PM with a live patina demonstration and guest cobbler from France
- Bois & Cuir
- Take a quick break from Style Night shopping and enjoy the trendy lounges around the second level of Yorkville Village
- Featuring an array of modern furniture with industrial touches, Bois & Cuir invites Style Night guests to sit back and relax, fashionably
Tickets are now on sale at TFW.to.
WRKDEPT Spring/Summer 2019 (Photo by George Pimentel Photography)
ABOUT TORONTO FASHION WEEK®
Toronto Fashion Week®, an event showcasing fashion, art, music and culture takes place in Yorkville, Toronto’s revitalized and most prestigious luxury retail neighborhood. The bi-annual event hosts national and international designers, entertainers and the fashion community to create a touchpoint where fashion is embraced and celebrated. As the leading fashion event in Canada, Toronto Fashion Week creates a catalyst for media engagement, retail activity and global connectivity.
The founding partners are Yorkville Village, The Hazelton Hotel, Freed Developments and Hill & Gertner – an ownership group comprised of several of the country's top companies in real estate, development and luxury hospitality.
In February 2017, THE COLLECTIONS™ launched RE\SET™ a platform offering designers an opportunity to present their collections direct to consumer and the industry. RE\SET™ currently takes place bi-annually in September and February (prior to New York Fashion Week) and is in partnership with the official Toronto Fashion Week located in Yorkville. RE\SET™ provides designers with a variety of presentation formats including: traditional runway, static presentations, a designer showroom model and has cumulatively featured over 100 participating designers.
ABOUT ARTSCAPE DANIELS LAUNCHPAD
Artscape Daniels Launchpad is a first-of-its-kind hub for creative collaboration and entrepreneurship designed to support emerging and established artists, designers and creators to succeed like never before. This 30,000+ sq. ft. one-stop facility on Toronto’s waterfront offers members unparalleled access to multi-disciplinary creative studios with state-of-the-art tools and technology; co-working space; specialized creative entrepreneurship programs; and meeting and event facilities. Launchpad has been designed as a supportive community providing facilitated mentorship, coaching and collaboration programs and wayfinding to help creatives plug into resources, make connections and realize business opportunities. Owned and operated by Artscape, the model for Launchpad was developed to help bridge gaps in the entrepreneurial ecosystem and shrink the divide that often exists between the tremendous cultural and economic value artists’ ideas contribute to society and what creative people earn for their work. Artscape Daniels Launchpad is named in recognition of the outstanding financial support of The Daniels Corporation, the John and Myrna Daniels Foundation and WJ Properties. Learn more at www.ArtscapeDanielsLaunchpad.
See the official February 2019 Schedule here.
*Special thank you to TFW, rock-it promotions, and Fashion Media Group for the official press accreditation.